Feb 16, 2010

Be smart.

I watched this film called 'Sin Nombre' over the weekend. It was a Crime. I mean, watching the film was like a crime to me. The film says to me you must pay off what you do

Another thing that I was reminded was how people can all be forgetful about importance of traditional cultures. I was born and raised in a country where(used to be) strictly conservative especially if you are a woman. I now appreciate this traditional culture finally. I was not allowed to wear tank top, short shorts or skirts. Shirt and jeans should never be worn so tightly to your body that'd show your body line/shape, your chest and belly area should always be covered. No casual make up or piercing until you are old enough to have a good common sense. Women being raped in Japan much less(except during/post war periods) in the past than today, and this tells me why. 

Though I respect the idea of freedom for women in our modern world, this film still makes me re-think about many controversial subjects in Islamic countries; Hijab/Cover-up dress for Muslim should not be a debate after all, for instance. 

What do ya think?

Sin Nombre, 2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127715/

No comments:

Post a Comment