Feb 16, 2010

Got it.

I went to pick up my NEW passport last week.
I got this 10 year passport in RED, Yay! with this hi-tech computer chip inside it. Cool. I feel like robot. 

Careful, those of you who just like to swipe all the time because government offices DO NOT take credit/debit cards. I guess it's a common sense these days... except I did not have any cash on me the day I went, so... but luckily there was an ATM in the building next to Consulate G. of Japan. 

One thing done, and what's next?

After the above, I drove to Consulate G. Brazil for a tourist Visa.
Right when I arrived, this security guy cam up to me and asked if I 'd had list of things required. Of course I didn't. 

Things I should have had:
Passport(valid at least 6 months from the planned date of arriving to Brazil)
Copy of Passsport
Visa (only if you are on some type of Visa status)
Copy of Visa (only if you are on some type of Visa status)
ID/ proof of your residency
Copy of ID
Postal Money Order $50(amount vary depending on your Citizenship)
Travel Itinerary (booking status in print)
Photo 2" x 2" 
Print out of the application document(application can be completed on their Web site)

But here is the shortcut trick to all the above! 
You can actually do all these(most of them) there in the same building, room 745, thought you still need to have your Passport and ID. Then, you book a flight using the computer in the Consulate office and print. There you go!



No comments:

Post a Comment